If you’ve ever watched and liked the Bathurst 1000 or circuit racing, have an interest in motorsport, and wondered what it’s like to be in the hot seat yourself – here’s your chance to do so.
Speedy Wheels is an international supplier of automotive wheels and accessories and have been operating in Australia since 1957.
Speedy Wheels is the major sponsor of Mazda RX8 Cup since its inception in 2018. As a result of this, Speedy Wheels has built a Mazda RX8 Race Car and we are looking for somebody to drive in the RX8 Cup Series in 2020 – it could be you!
Here’s how it works…
- Enter – register your interest, or fill out an entry form and pay your entry fee.
- Drive – drive the Speedy Wheels RX8 at one of our qualifying rounds.
- Compete – the top drivers from the initial rounds will advance to the final selection process.
- Compete – race against the top drivers at the finale.
- Win – 12 months racing in RX8 Cup in the Speedy Wheels car, and the opportunity to co-drive in an endurance race. (Depending on response there will be one winner per state, meaning Speedy could have a number of cars racing in the 2020 cup series).
Want some more info?
A bit about the race:
- The Mazda RX8 Cup is an entry level, one-make series for everybody.
- The series is designed to be a cheap to run, grass roots, entry level national motorsport series for the novice or keen motorsports enthusiast.
- Cars are built to strict guidelines and set of rules, to create a level playing field with the view to have results determined by driver ability.
What you get for your money:
- Classroom session/track induction.
- A session at the elected track location with qualified instructor.
- You drive the Speedy Wheels RX8 Cup Series Race Car or series race car.
- Free time on the track.
- The chance to race in the 2019 Finale.
- The potential to be the RX8 Cup driver for Speedy Wheels in 2020.
We judge you on:
- Skill – driver ability, car control, consistent lap times.
- Technical competence.
- The ultimate package to start somebody on their motorsport career.
- Plus more.
Track locations (race dates all to be confirmed):
- Winton, VIC
- Morgan Park, QLD
- Tailem Bend, SA
- Sydney Motorsport Park, NSW
- Wakefield Park, NSW
Are you ready to drive the real deal? Register Expression of Interest now!
Want to know more? For more detailed information and our T&C’s, please refer to the ‘Speedy Corporation Motor Racing Competition Entry Deed’. For any general enquiries please email us at email@example.com
Expression of Interest Form
Once we receive and compile all registrations of expression of interest, tracks and dates will be booked accordingly.
There may be the requirement to travel interstate. We request that you please confirm in the relevant fields below if you are willing, and available, to travel interstate.
Once tracks are arranged, one of our team members will contact you directly and forward entry forms for completion with all additional details.
Please fill out the fields with your information: